Energy and Environment
West Virginia House and Senate Republicans introduced a slew of soda-tax bills that stand to increase taxes on soft drinks by 500 percent.
The former Columbia University student accused by "Mattress Girl" Emma Sulkowicz has had his lawsuit dismissed a second time.
Weishan has said the allegations by his opponent at the time are "totally false,” to a “point of ridiculousness.”
A report by the independent monitor says new problems continue to pop up at the Kemper Project clean coal power plant.
Under a budget proposal by Gov. Scott Walker, students at UW system schools would be able to opt-out of paying some student fees.
Tom Perriello hopes to turn Virginia Democrats' distaste for President Donald Trump against his own party's establishment choice for governor.
Arizona might soon become the 11th state in the nation to ban governmental entities from using taxpayer money to hire outside lobbyists.
A draft bill being circulated would make Wisconsin the 15th state to allow gun owners to carry concealed weapons without a permit.
Anti-smoking nannies have pushed their crusade further and further, and in California they’re increasingly reaching into peoples’ lives. Next up? They’re trying to prohibit smoking inside your own home.
An impartial investigation and the avoidance of conflicts of interest top the American College of Trial Lawyers' list of recommendations.
A lawsuit argues that President Obama's creation of a national monument in the Atlantic Ocean is beyond the reach of the Antiquities Act.
In the States
- School choice proponents hope for a ‘grand bargain’
- Travis County sheriff cannot verify release of criminal illegals
- Texas property taxes will keep climbing under SB 2
- Houston pension bill moves ahead, despite flaws
- Election voided over free glowsticks at Texas A&M
- Nanny State of the Week: Texas messes with winemaking
- Read More
- First Amendment rights still in peril following abusive climate change probes
- Climate Change critics: Trump order rolling back Obama plan a big win for Wisconsin
- Milwaukee County supervisor's ethics case remains 'under review'
- Don't want to pay for 'Sex Out Loud?' Walker's budget offers opt-out on student fees
- Bill would make Wisconsin a 'constitutional carry' state
- UW-P professor blames union attorney with political ax to grind for appeals court loss
- Read More
- Who's watching the watchers? Mississippi occupational licensing boards about to get a new boss
- Southern Company hit with fifth lawsuit over Kemper Project delays, costs
- Report: Problems continue to appear for the Kemper Project clean coal power plant
- Mississippi closed bridge list filled with discrepancies
- Utah will likely have to reveal terms of its voluntary sales tax deal with Amazon
- Indiana has top charter school law
- Read More