Vermonters have to hope that the DOJ, and ultimately America’s court system, define sanctuary policies the same way as Gov. Phil Scott.
Overeager California nannies pushed pesticide regs into place to avoid public outcry that might have defeated them.
John McAdams was indefinitely suspended by Marquette after a November 2014 commentary on his blog.
THIS JUST IN
Seizure of documents from the state Ethics Commission could present legal problems for John Doe prosecutor.
A guilty plea by the head of a visa-investor operation gives another black eye to the scandal-plagued EB-5 program.
But an attorney says the exclusive arrangement unfairly monopolizes public funds.
Vermont Republicans allege that Democratic House leader Jill Krowinski violated state campaign finance law.
Why can't the GOP-dominated Mississippi Legislature make the budgetary numbers add up?
In November, an SSA whistleblower filed a complaint alleging her Veterans Affairs records had been compromised.
Rutland’s four mayoral candidates squared off Wednesday in a live radio debate.
Creators of Vermont's all-payer model have yet to determine how to budget for self-paying patients who don't pay.
Hopi and Navajo leaders have pleaded with Arizona's members of Congress to help keep the plant open.
“The schoolhouse door is not where to deal with illegal immigration."
A report on a federal investigation into the Madison disability review office revealed troubling conduct.
Cornell must investigate a male student's accusation of sex discrimination.
In the States
- Visa-investor program delivers for Dallas
- Council candidate: Don’t ‘bond out bureaucrats’
- Judge in Paxton case prefers Collin County venue, but won't commit
- Bill would refund taxes on homes sold under appraised value
- Land battle, Japanese ‘monopoly’ dog high-speed train in Texas
- A legislative roundup of school choice proposals
- Read More
- Milk producers to state: Make Vermont more business friendly
- Hiding illegal resident identities from police could cost Vermont federal funds
- Law, tradition and Vermont’s dance around sanctuary status
- Republicans await AG’s response to alleged Democrat campaign finance law violation
- Rutland mayoral candidates talk refugees, taxes in on-air debate
- All-payer needs to address self-pay and cost-shift problems
- Read More
- Why don't we do it in the road? Because we might get arrested
- Lawmakers to insurers, pharmacy benefit managers: Stop pulling drugs
- Federalism message echoed by Florida health subcommittee members
- Amid Republican row, some House Democrats voice disapproval of Enterprise Florida
- Florida education committee demands Title I funding with fewer strings
- Task force would seek to remake Florida's criminal justice system
- Read More