Migration patterns for 2016 show that Americans tended to move away from high-tax states and into states where residents keep more of what they earn.
Animal welfare organizations are raising the alarm at proposed rules announced by the District of Columbia Housing Aut ...
"It really is a matter of principle. I'm not going to let the bastards get rid of me," McAdams said.
THIS JUST IN
“This is clear-cut misconduct in public office and bribery,” he said.
This senator wants to remind colleges that due process rights are also civil rights.
Lawmakers are proposing to delay Act 46 for one year, claiming the state has not given local boards the tools to successfully cut ...
There was no “you can’t handle the truth” moment, but there should have been, as UT’s case comes down to a similar premise ...
East Montpelier is the latest Vermont community to consider sanctuary city status for illegal immigrants, mostly as a political st ...
The debate over whether Florida should change its economic development policies reached its first legislative committee of 2017 th ...
“Ms. Winckler has been placed on Administrative Leave while the School District considers the legal and personnel implications o ...
The court-appointed prosecutors in the Ken Paxton case have submitted new invoices that bring their compensation to date to $575,1 ...
Cheryl Brown Henderson, daughter of Oliver Brown, the lead plaintiff in the landmark Brown v. Board of Education case that led ...
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security quietly shut down Operation Phalanx, an aerial surveillance program that interc ...
“If you want to talk, talk. If you want to shout, then get the hell out,” he told the protesters. “At least wait u ...
The records have been “paraded about the office by an employee,” the source said.
In the States
- Paxton prosecutors' bill hits $575,000
- Arlington scores best financials among Texas cities
- High court hears arguments on whether UT can bury investigation
- School choice on center stage in a handful of states in 2017
- Report: Out-of-state greens push Texas anti-fracking laws
- Public pensions out of control in Texas’ biggest cities
- Read More
- Vermont lawmakers aim to delay Act 46
- Carbon tax status uncertain after first week in session
- Analysis: Vermont’s new governor completes busy first week in office
- Feel-good sanctuary city status comes with risk for East Montpelier
- Successes, challenges facing Vermont’s young children and families
- Alderman candidate finds errors in refugee panel's letter
- Read More
- Duplication and the Delta Regional Authority
- Cooperative that dumped Kemper Project sees credit ratings rise
- It's the season of giving, and U.S. taxpayers are giving millions to the Kemper Project
- Scariest People of 2016: No. 3-Michael Guest
- Mississippi taxpayers footed heavy bill for incentives to corporations
- Mississippi gas tax hike likely on hold awaiting details on Trump infrastructure plan
- Read More