MADISON, Wis. – The public on Tuesday should receive a more detailed picture of the manifold misconduct and retaliation alleged to have taken place for years at the Tomah Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, chaired by Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Oshkosh, will conduct an oversight hearing in Tomah, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Cranberry Country Lodge.
The hearing will further examine charges of overpresciption of opioids and other painkillers at the scandal-plagued hospital, as well as patient deaths and an “alleged culture of fear” among medical center employees.
Johnson also will release findings from his extensive investigation into the problems at Tomah.
Ryan Honl, one of the key whistleblowers who helped bring Tomah’s troubles to light, and other key insiders, tell Wisconsin Watchdog they will be in attendance.
Watch a live stream of the meeting here.
- After damaging silence, Baldwin now calls for probe of troubled VA center
- Legal expert says U.S. Sen Tammy Baldwin is in full ‘damage control’
- Baldwin aide breaks silence, alleges senator engaged in ‘coverup’
- Baldwin’s public relations team kicks into high gear following ethics complaint
- Ethics watchdog urges Senate committee to investigate Baldwin
- Tammy Baldwin’s political fixer is helping Hillary attack voter ID
- Senate committee asking if FBI missed the call in veteran’s death at VA
- When lawmakers failed Wisconsin’s veterans
- Is political pressure behind Lin Ellinghuysen’s differing accounts on VA memo?
- Bernie Sanders failed to act in deadly VA scandal, whistleblower says
- Does government union chief’s threat show AFGE’s hand on veterans care?
- What would Russ Feingold’s 1992 self say to the 2015 version?
- Ad attacking Feingold asserts veterans died because of ‘politicians who looked the other way’
- Feingold’s campaign caught up in VA scandal memo war
- PolitiFact Wisconsin trusts Russ Feingold to deliver its facts
- Sources: Ron Kind received call from Jason Simcakoski not long before Marine’s tragic death
- Captain Campaign Finance Reform, Russ Feingold, changes ‘dark money’ tune
- Baldwin talks transparency while keeping her secrets in Tomah VA scandal
- Ron Kind knew about Tomah VA abuse years before the story broke
- Ron Kind now solving Tomah VA scandal one press release at a time
- Tammy Baldwin silent on her failures as she blasts Tomah VA medical center
- Tomah VA whistleblower says he’s getting pressure from unhappy Dems
- Feingold’s facts fail again in face of Tomah scandal
- Senate field hearing to shine more light on Tomah VA scandal
- Tomah VA supervisor accused of misconduct gets promoted
- Senate hearing to look deeper into scandal-plagued Tomah VA hospital
- Kind flees questions, Senate committee turns up heat on Tomah VA hospital scandal
- Report: Tomah VA hospital story is one of ‘systemic failures’
- Tomah VA hospital whistleblower: ‘It will not change’
- Ron Kind breaks silence on call from veteran victim at Tomah VA hospital
- VA union holds rally to save itself, Tomah whistleblower says
- Sound familiar? Illinois Rep. Tammy Duckworth accused of retaliation at VA
- Emails say Tomah VA patient reached out to Feingold, Kind, in 2008 about abuse
- Johnson: Hold accountable those who put Tomah veterans at risk of HIV, hepatitis
- Veteran jumps out of third-floor window at Tomah VA hospital
- Tomah VA employee: ‘We have forgotten who we work for’
- Congressional committees want answers on Tomah VA hospital
- Senators ask Pence, Trump transition team, to hold troubled VA accountable
- Veterans advocate: VA hospitals’ ‘improvement’ doesn’t tell whole story
- Tomah VA Medical Center’s ‘Candy Man’ stripped of license
- Opinions differ on whether it’s ‘meet the new boss, same as the old boss’ at Tomah VA
- Latest data show Tomah VA hospital improving in opioid prescriptions, veteran satisfaction
- VA secretary nominee faces little resistance, lots of challenges
- Insiders: Tomah VA troubles continue with nurse shortage, neglectful care
- VA whistleblower has questions for Congressman Ron Kind
- Johnson brings back whistleblower protection bill as Sunshine Week opens
- Iraq war veteran burned by ‘very frustrating process’ at VA