Data at Recovery.gov were updated on July 30 for data through June 30, the end of the 2nd quarter.
Hover over Kansas on the Recovery.gov map to see an updated summary:
But how have these numbers changed in the last quarter?
On June 16 the data were updated for the first quarter of this year. From Recovery.gov a few weeks ago:
Recovery.gov is reporting an increase of 77 jobs from 8824 to 8901 in the last quarter with an increase of $182.9 million in funds received.
In Oct. 2009 when Recovery.gov was introduced, the first numbers were:
These first 209 jobs resulted from almost $100,000 in stimulus funds received per job.
The latest numbers show about $85,000 in stimulus funds received per job.
How should funds received and jobs produced be correlated?
- Stimulus Data and Spending in Kansas in Q1, Kansas Watchdog, July 29, 2010.
- KCTV Investigation: Road to Recovery? Part III, July 28, 2010.
- $375 Million in Stimulus Funds Went to Nonexistent Zip Codes, Franklin Center for Government & Public Integrity, Jan. 7, 2010.
- Transparency Board Official Calls Phantom ZIPs “Nonsense”, Watchdog.org, Jan. 6, 2010.
- No phantom Stimulus zip codes in Kansas, Kansas Watchdog, Jan. 6, 2010.
- ProPublica shows updated stimulus funding for each Kansas county, Kansas Watchdog, Dec. 11, 2009.
- Stimulus Gets Poor ROI Marks, Kansas Watchdog, Dec. 7, 2009.
- Stimulus Funds to Pay Half of Smart Electric Grid in Lawrence, Kansas Watchdog, Nov. 29, 2009.
- $352,000 in stimulus projects for the arts in Kansas, Kansas Watchdog, Nov. 9, 2009.
- Stimulus Contractor Data for Kansas, Kansas Watchdog, Oct. 27, 2009.
- Eye on the Stimulus: 209 New Jobs in Kansas, Kansas Watchdog, Oct. 17, 2009.
Contact: Earl F Glynn, firstname.lastname@example.org, KansasWatchdog.org