Joe Jordan | Nebraska Watchdog
In order to keep the local economy churning Omaha consumers were once urged to “Buy the Big O.”
There’s a similar song being sung in Lincoln these days as work on the city’s new $346 million arena project rolls on.
But according to an investigation by Nebraska Watchdog’s Deena Winter many of the companies working on the project—and it’s much more than an arena—are headquartered outside the state and fall short of the title “Nebraska firms.”
Nebraska Watchdog’s Joe Jordan went looking (see video below) for one of those “Nebraska firms.”
Contact Joe Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe to news updates from Nebraska Watchdog at no charge click here.
- ‘Nebraska firms’ building arena headquartered out of state
- NE: Out-of-state companies touted as in-state firms by Nebraska arena officials
- Arena board defends calling out-of-state firms ‘Nebraskan’
- Video Special: Searching for Lincoln Arena’s ‘Nebraska firms’
- Big arena backers in NE get big arena contracts
- NE arena board to consider spending another $30 million for ‘phase two’