“They will be invitation only and will not be visible to the uninvited on Facebook or any other Internet search,” A group Facebook post noted
The proposal would require crews to install conduit — tubes designed to group and protect large amounts of wiring and fiber —while building federally funded highways.
The bill would bar public officials from releasing the identity of a police officer involved in a shooting or other use of force for 30 days.
The lone Republican on the three-member commission says getting the full amount depends on the company delivering on its promises.
Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner went to Austin Monday to convince lawmakers that he has hit upon a solution to Houston’s $8.1 billion pension problem. His answer is math — really complicated but ultimately pointless math.
Florida's already-licensed dispensaries are spending big bucks to stay involved in the legislative debate on medical marijuana.
The co-chairs of the Senate Broadband Caucus both represent states with sizable rural populations.
Non-profits operating on fixed reimbursement rates from the state have been hit hard by the costs of Propostion 206.
Amherst College expelled a male student even though evidence suggested he may have been the victim of a sexual assault.
The rural community of Plainfield on Tuesday joined an increasing number of Vermont jurisdictions considered to be “sanctuary” communities for illegal immigrants.
In the States
- Texas property taxes will keep climbing under SB 2
- Houston pension bill moves ahead, despite flaws
- Election voided over free glowsticks at Texas A&M
- Nanny State of the Week: Texas messes with winemaking
- Paxton prosecutors mocked for threatening to quit
- Bus-stop merry-go-round invites an unholy mess
- Read More
- Attorney general's office remains silent on John Doe leak probe
- Appeals court tosses forced union dues lawsuit, next stop Supreme Court
- Town hall disruption crew now keeping out 'uninvited' guests
- Memo comparing voucher and public school aid doesn't tell whole story
- Does prosecutorial immunity trump justice in John Doe-related lawsuit?
- Attorney: Should UW-La Crosse chancellor be fired for his conduct?
- Read More
- Utah will likely have to reveal terms of its voluntary sales tax deal with Amazon
- Indiana has top charter school law
- PSC's Britton: $2.88 billlion cap on Kemper Project isn't a guarantee for utility
- Kemper Project clean coal power plant will miss yet another start date
- Dire outlook for internet sales tax in South Dakota may affect Mississippi
- Mississippi governor signs civil asset forfeiture reform bill into law
- Read More