Efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare are gaining new momentum in Washington D.C. weeks after House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., pulled a replacement bill from the floor after it failed to gain enough Republican support. U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis, R-Taylorville, said he has been asked by the White House to revive plans to change the nation’s health […]
By Michael Carroll Michigan business organizations want to put the brakes on a section of the GOP tax reform plan that would tax goods imported into the country, arguing that the measure could burden import-dependent companies such as car makers. A study released this month by Freedom Partners, a nonprofit, nonpartisan policy institute, found that […]
Environmental groups push bag bans as a necessary planet-saving step. But do they work?
Despite charter schools and shrinking enrollment, Jackson public schools are receiving more tax revenue rather than less.
Meanwhile, investigators were at the Milwaukee ODAR office last month looking into an alleged breach of an employee’s private records.
“I wasn't willing to give up my integrity and forego the safety of our students for the carrot they offered,” Burton wrote.
Virginia has some of the strictest CON laws in the country.
Justice has been served for University of Virginia dean Nicole Eramo.
Florida's community-based child welfare system is reckoned one of the nation's best. With insufficient funding, that could change.
Anti-smoking nannies have pushed their crusade further and further, and in California they’re increasingly reaching into peoples’ lives. Next up? They’re trying to prohibit smoking inside your own home.
A bill passed by the Mississippi Legislature could provide supervision for the state's occupational licensing boards.
A lawsuit argues that President Obama's creation of a national monument in the Atlantic Ocean is beyond the reach of the Antiquities Act.
In the States
- Texas student commits suicide after Title IX kangaroo court
- School choice proponents hope for a ‘grand bargain’
- Travis County sheriff cannot verify release of criminal illegals
- Texas property taxes will keep climbing under SB 2
- Houston pension bill moves ahead, despite flaws
- Election voided over free glowsticks at Texas A&M
- Read More
- Higher spending on shrinking Jackson public schools belies complaints about charters
- Despite Trump's proposed cuts, Essential Air Service is not going anywhere
- Cybersecurity audit finds students can access obscene material on school computers
- Mississippi Power announces yet another operational date for the Kemper Project
- Mississippi charter schools case hinges on key constitutional question
- Mississippi Legislature wraps up session by passing key reform bills
- Read More