Vermont joined the Digital Age this week, at least when it came to performing high-tech, motor-vehicle inspections. Monday served as the kick off day for the state's Automated Vehicle Inspection Program.
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says 142 charged suspects on requested immigration detainers were released from the Travis County jail.
Ocheesee Creamery can now call its skim milk exactly what it is -- skim milk -- says the 11th Circuit.
Homeowners in just 10 of 34 cities and counties would realize any savings under Senate Bill 2, passed by the Senate Tuesday.
“No one should be forced to pay union dues or fees just for the privilege of working for their own government," Mix said.
Florida's already-licensed dispensaries are spending big bucks to stay involved in the legislative debate on medical marijuana.
The co-chairs of the Senate Broadband Caucus both represent states with sizable rural populations.
Non-profits operating on fixed reimbursement rates from the state have been hit hard by the costs of Propostion 206.
Amherst College expelled a male student even though evidence suggested he may have been the victim of a sexual assault.
The rural community of Plainfield on Tuesday joined an increasing number of Vermont jurisdictions considered to be “sanctuary” communities for illegal immigrants.
In the States
- Travis County sheriff cannot verify release of criminal illegals
- Texas property taxes will keep climbing under SB 2
- Houston pension bill moves ahead, despite flaws
- Election voided over free glowsticks at Texas A&M
- Nanny State of the Week: Texas messes with winemaking
- Paxton prosecutors mocked for threatening to quit
- Read More
- 400 new jobs, low unemployment bad news for Walker-hating left
- UW-La Crosse parent says chancellor dismissed concerns about 'orgasm' emailer
- Lawsuit: MPS violating constitution by denying bus rides to religious school students
- Attorney general's office remains silent on John Doe leak probe
- Appeals court tosses forced union dues lawsuit, next stop Supreme Court
- Town hall disruption crew now keeping out 'uninvited' guests
- Read More
- Utah will likely have to reveal terms of its voluntary sales tax deal with Amazon
- Indiana has top charter school law
- PSC's Britton: $2.88 billlion cap on Kemper Project isn't a guarantee for utility
- Kemper Project clean coal power plant will miss yet another start date
- Dire outlook for internet sales tax in South Dakota may affect Mississippi
- Mississippi governor signs civil asset forfeiture reform bill into law
- Read More